The Top 5 WordPress Backup Plugins for Your Website
Introduction & Why You Need a WordPress Backup Plan
A WordPress backup plan is an essential part of any website. You can’t afford to lose your content, or worse, your entire site. The following are some reasons why you need a WordPress backup plan:
1) Your hosting provider goes down – If you don’t have a backup, this could mean that you’ll lose all the data on your site.
2) You get hacked – If you don’t have a backup, this means that all your content will be gone and it can take hours to set up the site again.
3) You change hosting providers – Without a backup, this means that you’ll lose all of the content on your site and have to start from scratch.
4) You change domains – With no backups, this means that you’ll have to start
5) Your mistakes – You can also accidentally delete a file or settings or database. If that is the case then if you do not have backup then that time will be very bad for you. And this is something we see regularly in our experience.
Here are some other features that a good backup plugin should have:
- Complete website backup: It’s very important that back up all the files and databases from your website. While many plugins only provide file backups, it’s important to realize that this is not enough since files can get corrupted or deleted and you’ll need to restore content from a previous version entirely.
- Incremental backups: A site backup process can heavily impact your server’s performance. Incremental technology, however, is a smart choice if you want a change of pace from this – it creates small breaks & copies of your website while you’re using it and saves the finished version to your external storage device on completion.
- Safe storage: It’s important to back up your website data so that it can be used again in case something goes wrong. If you want to keep your backup safe, please look for a plugin that encrypts it and stores it at different locations.
- Offsite storage: Some plugins and hosts offer backups, but they store the copy on the same server as your website. This means that if your server goes down, you will lose both your website and your backup copies. It’s safer to have a copy stored on another server or local storage or cloud drives.
- Scheduled backups: To save your recent changes regularly, it’s a good idea to automatically schedule backups that will happen at regular intervals. This way, you’ll always have a recent backup available if anything goes wrong.
- Real-Time backups: There are many reasons why having a backup of your store is necessary. Whether you sell online or not to make sure there is no interruption of work and income, or whether you already have a real-time data backup in place anyway, just to be sure. This will ensure that any new order that has been placed will be backed up on a regular basis in order to avoid losing any transaction information or other valuable data. A good backup plugin will must be backup only the changes and will add it to the backup copy instead of you running an entire backup each time.
- Responsive support: Backups are extremely important which is why you need to find a reliable backup plugin. Make sure the team behind it can help you with setup, restoring, and querying your backups.
With so many plugins vying for your attention, it can be hard to know which one will be the best fit for your site. However, a few critical factors should help you narrow down the search. Keeping these in mind, we now take a look at some of the best WordPress backup plugins on the market.
How to Choose The Best WordPress Backup Plugin For You
The article will discuss the different features of some of the best WordPress backup plugins and how they can help you in one way or another.
WordPress is a very popular platform for bloggers and website owners to build their websites on. With so many people using it, there are also many ways to make mistakes with your site. One mistake that can be made is not backing up your site regularly. If you don’t have a backup plugin installed on your site, you could lose all of your data if anything happens to your site.
There are many plugins that can be used to backup your WordPress site. But before you choose a plugin, you should consider the following points:
- The backup plugin must be able to do the backup without interrupting the site’s performance.
- And also the plugin should have a good support team in case of any issues with the plugin or restoration process.
- Should be easy to install and use for beginners, but also have advanced features for experts who need them
- The plugin should not slow down your website when doing backups or making changes to your site
- The price of the plugin should be reasonable and affordable
The Top 5 WordPress Backup Plugins In 2022
There are many reasons why you would want to backup your WordPress site. It could be that you want to make sure that your site is always available in the event of an attack or downtime. Or it could be that you have a very large database and need to make sure that your site can handle the load. Whatever the reason, there are plenty of WordPress backup plugins out there for you to choose from.
In this article, we will take a look at 5 of the best WordPress backup plugins available in 2022. We will talk about what they do and how they work, so you can make an informed decision on which one is right for your needs.
When you are using WordPress, it is imperative that you backup your data. If anything happens to your site, you can restore the backup. There are a number of plugins that make this process easy for you and these are the top five for 2022.
1/ UpdraftPlus: The World’s Most Trusted WordPress Backup Plugin
The first plugin on this list is UpdraftPlus has been the most trusted WordPress backup plugin for many years. We take care of all the technical aspects of backing up your site, so you don’t have to do a thing. With over ten million downloads and thousands of five-star reviews, it is very clear that UpdraftPlus is a robust and trusted backup plugin. With its continuous updates and inclusion of new features every year, this plugin is clearly one of the best options for website owners looking to protect their sites.
- Incremental backups that can be done manually or be scheduled
- Plenty of add-ons to extend the functionality
- Secure storage options
- Restore backups from your control panel
- Cloning and migration
Cost: UpdraftPlus which also has a free version with paid upgrades starting at $19-49 per year depending on what features you.
2/ VaultPress by WordPress.com Backup Plugin
VaultPress by WordPress.com which costs $99 per year for unlimited storage and backups. Have you ever been frustrated with a WordPress site because it crashed and all your content was lost? If so, VaultPress is the solution for you. The VaultPress plugin is a free backup plugin that protects your WordPress site by automatically creating a complete backup of any content changes every week, month or year. These backups are stored securely in the cloud so if anything goes wrong, you’ll have peace of mind knowing all the content you’ve created is safe and sound.
- Site Migration
- Automated File Repair
- File Scanning
- Spam Defense
Cost: $99 per year for unlimited storage and backups.
3/ BackupBuddy WordPress Backup Plugin
Next, there is BackupBuddy which can be downloaded for free with an optional paid upgrade at $39-59 per year depending on the features you want to unlock.
BackupBuddy is the #1 WordPress backup plugin that will backup your site faster than you can say “WordPress backup plugin”. It has a user-friendly interface, and it even gives you a daily reminder to back up your site. So whether you’re worried about hacking, crashing your website, or just want to save an extra copy of all your hard work – BackupBuddy is the way to go!
- Backup WordPress files and database
- Customize backup content
- Scheduled automatic backups
- Easy restore process
- Offsite secure backup storage and download options
- Real-time backup feature
- WordPress migration to a new host, domain, or URL
- Cloning and staging
Cost: Starts single site license at $80 per year with 1GB of Stash storage space.
4/ WP Time Capsule WordPress Backup Plugin
The WP Time Capsule plugin is a WordPress backup plugin that allows you to automatically backup your site and store it in the cloud.
It can be used to create a WordPress backup archive, which will contain all of the site’s content, including posts, pages, comments, images, and other media files. You can then restore this archive at any time.
This plugin is ideal for bloggers who want to keep their content safe in case of an emergency.
WP Time Capsule can be a perfect solution for you if you want to back up only your recent changes files. Not all of your website-related files, just the ones that have changed within the past few weeks – so if anything goes wrong with your site, it’ll be easy to recover everything. You’ll be able to back up your website from WP Time Capsule. You’ll be in a position to again up your internet site to your favored cloud storage websites like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Amazon S3.
The main benefit of WP Time Capsule is that it doesn’t need to back up zipped files or compress them, which means significantly less strain on servers.
To get started with this plugin, you’ll want to register for an account on WP-Time Capsule, install the free plugin, and then connect the cloud app with your plugin so that you can send your WordPress backup files to your preferred location After completing a full backup, you can set a time for backing up your recently changed files.
- Automated backups as you make changes/edits
- Set and forget installation process
- Incremental backups that don’t load your site
- Real-time backups
- 1-click restore
- Offsite storage of your choice
- Test changes on staging site
Cost: You can take the free trial for 30 days! and Paid plans start at $49 per year. Also, One-time payments are available starting at $149.
5/ Duplicator WordPress Backup Plugin
Duplicator is an easy-to-use WordPress backup plugin that can help you create automatic backups of your site and database. You can schedule backups or backup your site via FTP or SFTP. Duplicator also has a helpful restore wizard, which ensures your site is restored quickly and efficiently if needed. or manually add and remove files from the WordPress database. Duplicator also gives you access to your backed-up data through a dashboard that provides a comprehensive overview of all of your backed-up data. You are able to download or restore any type of file simply by clicking on it. The plugin has support cloud storage as well as Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon S3, and more.
Duplicator is a great way to migrate between different servers or websites. You can create a package and then just click the 1 button to overwrite your old site with it on your new domain. Your new pages will be pushed onto the domain and will be ready for browsing
- Scheduled and immediate backups
- Manual backups available
- Cloud storage to Amazon S3, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more
- Migrate site with ease
- Email notifications and alerts for backup issues and errors
- Include or exclude specific file backups
- Choose backup limits to avoid maxing storage space
Cost: It also has a Free version. Also Duplicator Pro starts at $69 per year.
WordPress Backup Guide Conclusion
WordPress is a popular CMS and it’s important to know how to create backups of your site. This guide will help you do just that.
It’s difficult to keep track of all the changes made to your website, let alone know what changes have been made in the last few hours. WordPress has an intuitive interface, but it can be difficult if you’re not very tech-savvy. With this guide, I hope you’ve learned how to create a backup of your site and restore it when needed!
Which is the Best WordPress Backup Plugin for You?
We’re convinced that UpdraftPlus is the best WordPress backup plugin and THE complete backup solution for your site. You get all the essential features, right out of the box, with no need to purchase anything else. It also includes a free version that has plenty of features you’ll need.
It’s understandable to be hesitant with the decision to store your WordPress backup online, but if you find a premium plugin that offers live backup each time you make changes in your website, then BackupBuddy might be the one for you. It also allows you to scan and repair common issues, which is a huge plus. With its Stash feature, the plugin saves a lot of your server resources and keeps your site running smoothly.
We hope this article has helped you find the best WordPress backup plugins suitable for your specific needs.